Monday 9 June 2008

What's cooking......?

Well they say that bad luck comes in three's so I'm waiting for the third. The first was on Friday..about to cook tea ....no gas. Phoned the gas people who said that it could be 4 hours before an engineer could come out. Luckily he was here within the hour. He said that my meter needed changing and did it there and then. Catastrophe diverted. Today has been another glorious day...(a little too hot for my liking).....so I thought I would make a start on cutting the hedges. After a couple of minutes I noticed that the shears were going a bit slow and could smell burning. I immediately turned them off. The motor has burned out...so the hedges haven't got cut. My son and I are now going halves to get some new hedge cutters....but it will be next weekend now before the hedges get cut. There is no way that I'm cutting them using the hand shears....been there..done that! So now I am a bit apprehensive of what else might go wrong. Don't you just hate it when things don't happen the way you want?....it's so frustrating!! I have my appointment at the rheumatology department tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: