Friday 13 June 2008

I'm disappointed

The day started wet..then brightened up a little and then turned wet again. It's not been too bad a day. After a very restless night I managed to drag myself out of bed reasonably early and got myself ready for the condition management course. I was a little apprehensive at first but I soon relaxed into it. I didn't expect too much from the first day but I'm already thinking that this isn't for me. The others there were very hard work, they just seemed as if they they were there because they had to be....and it is a voluntary course. The 2 coordinators were struggling to get anyone motivated!! When it boils down it is cognitive behaviour therapy. When I was told about this course, and subsequently signed up for it, I was told that it definitely wasn't CBT. If my GP thought that I needed CBT I would have been referred for CBT. I'm not going to give up on it yet though....I shall see how things go for a while. I feel a bit disappointed now.

No comments: