Thursday 22 May 2008

Will I ever learn...

The last 2 days have been spent gardening. I know I have overdone it....yet again....will I ever learn!! Yesterday I wasn't feeling too good but I had to go to the bank....only a short bus journey but boy was I glad to get back home. I felt shaky and nauseous. I decided that another restful day was needed....ha ha. Did I rest?....no I didn't. The garden needed attending to, so I thought that as the weather was nice..not to hot but very pleasant....I would try and do half an hour or so...just to keep on top of it you understand. Well......4 hours later, feeling totally exhausted but very pleased with myself at what I had achieved, I finally put away the gardening tools. I had mowed the lawn, weeded the flower beds watered the new seedlings and swept the back yard....and I did feel better in myself. Gardening always has this effect on me. I love being out there...I get totally engrossed in my own little world. This morning...hands and feet still swollen from yesterdays efforts...I decided that I would make a start on the front. Made a mental note not to do too much. What did I do? Yep...did the whole front. It took me 6 hours! I didn't dig out Lily....that is another job for later....but I did cut her off as far down as I could. She will be back no doubt. I am really tired now and finding it hard to concentrate.....but the garden does look lovely....a riot of colour. In a way though I am a tad annoyed with my neighbours. Don't get me wrong, they are very nice people, but they seem to think that the shared path is totally my responsibility. It does need re-surfacing, but as I am a tenant and not a home owner, as they are, I can do nothing about it. They don't do any maintenance on it, such as keeping it as weed and rubbish free as possible. They have their house up for sale and admit they are not too keen on the gardening...but you would think that a tidy garden and paths would be paramount to attracting any potential buyers.

I've had quite a bit of "good news" post the last couple of days. I have my appointment for the rheumatology clinic on the 10th June. I received another letter from the same hospital, different department, for my regular 2 yearly mammogram, the 9th June...a letter informing me that the condition management programme starts on the 13th June..and I am spending the 14th June with 3 of my grandchildren. There is no way that I will be able to manage all of that in one week. I have been able to change the mammogram appointment though. I phoned the appointments clerk and she said that they have had a cancellation so that will be next week on the 29th May. Now I need to get in touch with the CAB as I also received my appeal submission paperwork for DLA. Another hurdle to get over. It's exhausting just thinking about all this. Hopefully the next few days will see me taking it easy and recovering....although I am hoping to see my great neice...Shania. My SIL and niece have promised to try and get over to see me this weekend as I haven't seen Shania at all yet and she's already turned 2. My health and their commitments work wise have always got in the way. I'm off to bed now....I feel as if I could sleep for a week.....it has taken me over an hour to type this post...my hands and brain are slowly seizing up.

No comments: