Wednesday 14 May 2008

I've succumbed...

I've succumbed to using some sort of weedkiller in the front garden. Not strictly a full weed killer but I'm hoping it might get rid of some Lily. It's weed and feed that I've used so I'm hoping it won't do much damage to anything else. It does mean that I can't cut the lawn for 3 days though...and the cuttings can't go on the compost for the next 3 cuts. If it makes getting rid of Lily a bit easier I won't feel too guilty. I'm itching to get out there and do some gardening but I'll have to be patient for a few days....patience is not one of my best qualities.

I tried something new last night and I'm really pleased that it turned out OK. My local surgery has introduced prescription ordering online. I received an email this morning confirming that my prescription will be ready for collection tomorrow. It's so much easier than having to go to the surgery or phoning it in. We can only phone between 10 and 12 in the morning and sometimes I forget or the line is constantly engaged...this means having to wait another 24 hours for the prescription, not good if you have run out of medication. The scheme is still on trial but it has a thumbs up from me.

No comments: