Monday 5 May 2008

Busy busy......and irony

It's been a hectic few days for me. Thursday saw me not doing a lot....recovering from my afternoon out with my friend. If anyone had told me 3 years ago that I would find an afternoon of lunch and a wander round the shops totally exhausting, I would have said that they were off the planet. Not now though...it is totally exhausting when you have M.E. as many will know. Saturday was another exhausting but thoroughly enjoyable day. My eldest son and DIL commandeered me to help with a card making session at their local community centre. They were holding an open day and we asked if we could go along and help the.... children especially... make a card for father's day. my son had made a few samples up and also made kits so the children could easily put them together. The kids were bit reluctant at first but as soon as one had done it we had a bit of a queue. The youngest was an 8 month old little girl. She sat on her gran's knee and "helped" to stick down the components of the card. Her gran was pleased and I'm sure her daddy will be when he receives the card. Some of the adults had a go as well, and it wasn't just Father's day cards they made. The concentration on the kids faces was amazing....and the sheer look of pleasure with what they had achieved was a joy to see. All in all it was a very pleasant and enjoyable day with the forecast rain not making an appearance. The organiser of the event asked if we would be able to run the occasional card making class. My son immediately said of course...not really thinking what it might involve!!! Hmm..we will have to think about this one I think. Today saw me having a long lie in and finally managing to get some dreaded housework done. I was tempted to get out into the garden....but there are times when the housework just cannot wait any longer. I'm hoping that the weather stays fine for the rest of the week so that I can get out there.

Last week I spent about an hour in the front garden digging out more Lily of the valley plants, hoping to stem their flow. I know I won't be able to get rid of all of them as they have started sprouting up between the cracks in the path and have spread into the lawn. My youngest suggested weedkiller on them. I am loathe to use weedkillers....they can destroy more than just plant life that we don't want. There is no way I am digging out the whole lawn so I will have to keep chopping them down with the lawnmower and hoping that I win. The irony of all this? My name..Susan...means.... LILY!!!! Is someone trying to tell me something??

No comments: