Sunday 17 February 2008

I'm moaning.....

The last 2 weeks have been a bit up and down.....mostly down. The glorious spring like weather has for the time being left us. Still got the sunshine during the day but the nights are bitterly cold. This has caused me worse sleeping problems. I just haven't been able to get warm at night. This hasn't helped the painful joints and muscles either.

My card making mojo has left me this week. All was going fine. My DIL had asked me to do a Valentine card for her, for my son. No problem I thought. Got all my ideas together to make 2 so she would have a choice, and she would be picking it up on Wednesday morning. Then disaster...Tuesday my printer decided it wasn't going to play nicely...so I had to rack my brains and think of something else. I managed to make 2 cards with a bit of imagination with what I had got..which was not a lot of the romantic stuff. Luckily DIL was happy with both and chose the first that I had made. I now have a spare..which will put me ahead for next year!! (my excuse and I'm sticking to it)
Hope to have started on 2 cards I need for next month..but just don't seem to able to get going. Will have to make an effort though as I will find myself at the last minute again and panicking.
I really will have to try and save for a new printer. This one is costing me a lot in ink..and it has served me well for the last few years. I won't get rid of it all together though beacause it is an all in one...it scans and copies as well as prints.

I've been doing my son and daughter-in-laws washing for the last 2 weeks. I don't mind helping out but I am more exhausted than ever. Their council house has had the kitchen and bathrom modernized. It is finished now except for the decorators...and they are 2 weeks behind ..so it means that the washer cannot be plumbed in until this is done.
What perturbs me more is that the contractors doing the work have just won the contract for the estate where I live. Having seen the problems that they have caused to my son's home I am not looking forward to them doing a bodge job on this house. Hopefully the housing association will realize this and will not acccept the standard of work that they have already produced!!
OK..moan over for now....hoping the next few days will be better.

No comments: