Friday 24 October 2008

I went....

.....swimming. I really didn't think I was going to make it. I'd set the alarm for 9 o'clock so that I would be up in time to get done what needed to be done, and so that I wouldn't be rushing about.
Not sleeping well meant that I did wake up to the alarm .....but then I fell asleep until 1 o'clock!! Made up my mind to go swimming anyway. Seeing as I wasn't feeling at all energetic I thought that I'd catch the bus.....but I just missed one, so rather than wait 20 mins or so for the next one I set off walking. The walk is all uphill and used to take 10 mins or so in the old days. It now takes me half an hour with 2 stops on the way. It was a beautiful day, though a bit cold. I didn't quite manage the full hour of swimming that I usually do and I was really struggling. When I first went I could only do 2 lengths and then had to stop for a rest. I've now got this up to 6 lengths at a time....and do 30 lengthts in an hour. Today it was 24 lengths with a struggle. One good thing though. I don't know if it's the swimming, or the fact that I've cut a bit of sugar out of my diet...(sweeteners instead of sugar in my tea)...but I've lost 3lbs in weight.
The card for the Imag-e-nation forum challenge is finished...just got to get a decent picture now....and remember to upload it. I've also updated my ATC's.....just waiting for 2 lots to arrive for this month.


Blog Candy

Katharina has some lovely candy to give away on the High Hopes blog Hop.


No comments: