Friday 14 August 2009

It's Friday...

...and so far I'm doing OK with the plan. Thursday I had to get up a bit earlier than normal to pick up my prescription, get it filled (half day closing) and then to the bank. So the afternoon was spent making a card for the Imag-e-nation forum challenge and a couple of ATCs for a forum swap. The card I had planned just wasn't to be, my printer has totally run out of ink. The poor thing definitely needs replacing. According to that I have a half full cartridge of colour and almost a full black. It just isn't reading the ink levels and it will only print on the normal setting now.
Today has been a little overcast and threatening rain..and as it was cooler I had planned to cut the grass...yet again. The weed and feed is certainly working now. Didn't get it done though. I just couldn't summon up the energy. On a more positive note I did get a bit more of my craft stash sorted and tidied. The ATCs I'd made were quilled, and the papers were in such a mess.....that's probably why I haven't done more of it. I find quilling very therapeutic, it's really quite amazing what can be done with a few strips of paper. I've sorted the papers by colour into separate bags, and now they are sitting very neatly in a shoebox. I think it will be a lot easier to see what colours I have. Which isn't a lot at the moment..need to put them at the top of my craft shopping list..along with all the other goodies that I want. What I did use on one of the ATCs (just because I wanted to try it out) was the silver glitter spray from Crafter's Companion. I've seen it demonstrated on the tv...but I must say it doesn't do it justice. The result is gorgeous! No more debating whether or not I should use that last little bit of glitter card in case I can't get any more...or even hunting for just the right colour. Will have to have the gold as well now. Think my Christmas cards are going to feature a lot of glitter this year.

No comments: