Thursday 4 June 2009

Well, it's been....

..quite a while since I last posted. I've been taking advantage of the glorious weather and doing the garden. I've decided to try and sort out the very top of the garden. It is full of bricks, stones, bed springs, various metal objects, bits of plastic, broken glass and weeds galore! The main weeds are nettles and brambles, which come from next door but ones garden, they don't garden at all. It's been used by me as a dumping ground for my grass and hedge cuttings for years...but it has been a bit of an eyesore. I was going to fence it off, but I've made a start and already it is looking better. Some great compost I've got now....makes up for all the stones. I reckon I can use some of the larger stones to make some sort of rockery (to hold the soil back..it's on a slope) and get some hardy perennials planted in there. I will need plants that don't mind the shade because of the surrounding trees though...not mine but in neighbouring gardens. And Ive made use of more bricks and stones by building a little enclosure for a compost heap...getting organised.
Anyway...just popped in to let you know that I'm still around and haven't dropped off the planet..you can't get rid of me that easy!!

No comments: