Thursday 29 January 2009

Not done any....

...blog challenges this week. I have done some cards though.....5 to be exact....4 birthday cards and a forum challenge card....so I can't show you that one yet.
The first one was for a customer who wanted a get well card for a lady who likes flowers on cards but she doesn't like fuss or frills. The image is from Pink Petticoat which I coloured with pearlescent chalks..added a narrow ribbon and 3 pearls. The sentiment is a rub-on.

The customer was pleased with it ..so she ordered another card. This time for a man who is a lifelong Sheffield United fan.....so I did it the teams colours. This card was a bit difficult to do....although I'm not a football fan...we are a Sheffield Wednesday household...sacrilege!!! She collected this yesterday and again was pleased ...(think I might have got a regular customer there). I coloured the stamped images using my ink pads with a damp brush. I'm not very good at water colouring ..but I'm quite pleased at the result.


The next card is for my middle grandson. He loves playing football and I thought this image fitted him to a T....scruffy! The image is a digi download, "Alfie" from grab-a-doodle-do. I chose to watercolour this one..but you do get a sheet of ready coloured images as well.

The last one is a card for my eldest's birthday.....which is today. It's a bit of a jokey one....he understands it. The words are the first verse of a Queen song....he's a big fan.

Hopefully I can get back to entering some challenges now...no family cards now until March.

Following on from my medication review that I had at the pharmacist, and the question of whether I should be taking calcium supplements....the surgery rang me up and said that they wanted me to book an appointment to see the GP. So it's booked for Monday at 5 pm. Will have to wait and see now what he has to say.

No comments: