Saturday 22 March 2008

The best laid plans....

I spoke too soon. The weather is cold, wet and windy...snow in places but not here..yet. Thursday's shopping went well and I ended up spending some money on craft goodies. Well when a shop has border punches that normally retail at around the £7 mark for 99p you just have to buy it don't you? There has been some talk about the brand of punch on the forum..some have not been happy with the way they perform, but I had a little play when I got home and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Bought a small corner punch for the same price and some absolutely gorgeous glitter card....6 sheets of A4 size for 59p. I also came home with a new toaster. Mine gave up the ghost a few weeks ago, so eldest son and DIL bought me one as a belated mother's day present. I went on the Imag-e-nation forum shop site and ordered a few more absolutely essential crafting items....DST (double sided tape) silicone....twice as much and half the price that I can get at my local craft shop...foam pads and some lilac ribbon, you can never have too much ribbon..and all free postage!
The garden is blooming.....the grape Hyacinth is beautiful, the daffodils are putting on a real show this year. The wind has blown some of them down so I have cut those and put them in a vase for the house. I might as well get some enjoyment out of them and they really brighten the place up.
I didn't get much sleep last night and I have felt totally c***p all day with a muggy head. My plans to concentrate on some parchment craft have gone pear shaped. After I had washed the pots and tidied round I wasn't in much of a state to do anything else. On top of all this my computer is playing up, I say my computer but it may not be the case. Internet explorer keeps coming up saying it can't display the page so I have to keep refreshing...gggrrrrrrr.....computers!...when they are behaving they are wonderful but a nightmare when not!

No comments: