Wednesday 16 January 2008

Aaaarrrggggh!!!!!...

It's only January and already the year is not turning out too well for me.
Still haven't heard from the the surveyor about my windows...I'm feeling like I've smacked into a brick wall physically.....got a decision from the DWP, my claim for DLA has been rejected..again..the decision was based on a medical I had 2 years ago!..and my son Karl has broken his hand. No great catastrophe except it his his right hand and he is right handed.He went to the skate park Monday night and came back with a very bruised and swollen hand. He went to casualty on Tuesday morning and came home with a cast on. Been back this afternoon after work...(yes he did go into work..no work no pay)....they've taken the cast off and put him a splint on. He's in a lot of pain though so I've told him he has to go back in the morning. Can it get any worse at the moment?
To be fair it's not all doom and gloom though. Will give the housing association another ring..see where that gets me. The reason for my increasing pain is due to the fact that I had a particularly busy week. Last Monday was an appointment at the DWP for a "work focused interview". It went ok...I think...and have to go back for another 5 appointments. I don't know how they think it will help me though. She did give my ego a boost though by querying my date of birth. She put me 10 years younger than I am.
Tuesday had to be up at the crack of dawn for a new back door being fitted. At least it doesn't rain in now and it closes properly.
Wednesday saw me shopping with son and daughter-in-law. It was bitterly cold but I had some Christmas money just crying out to be spent on craft goodies...and the sales were on!!! Two new stamps, medallion ones....one of them is the Marie Curie daffodil stamp..gorgeous!.. a corner punch, lovely holographic card, computer paper and basic card stock. Have also ordered a set of stamps online....they should arrive in the next couple of days.
Thursday was food shopping day...I hate food shopping.
Friday I wasn't fit for anything, was totally wiped out and am only just starting to recover. This morning was hoping for a lie in but the painter turned up to paint my newly installed door.
I've not made any plans for the rest of the week. I need to try and rest and gather up some energy from somewhere.
And finally....I've had a makeover.....do you like it? I do. Let me know....I know you're out there....

No comments: