Monday 2 April 2007

Cut the grass

It's been another glorious day weather-wise. I took the bull by the horns and cut the grass in the front garden. When I say cut the grass, what I really mean is cut the grass, raked up the cuttings ( a full black sack worth) , trimmed the edges and weeded the borders....well I did say earlier that I was a perfectionist! I know I'm going to pay for all this physical effort....but what has to be done has to be done. The weather forecast is for rain for the next couple of days so I feel justified in my actions.....and I really enjoyed doing it. I can see where my plants are now. Just got the back garden to tackle next..and that is about 5 times bigger than the front. Well I should be reasonably rested by the weekend when fine weather should be with us again. One of the many mysteries of life and gardening is the fact that the lushest, greenest weed free grass always grows where you don't want it to.....and no matter how careful you are about removing shoes before going into the house, grass always manages to find it's way on to the living room carpet. That's another job that will have to be done.....tomorrow.....perhaps.
Now I think a nice relaxing soak in my favourite bubbles is my just reward.

No comments: