Sunday 31 July 2011

Been playing...

....catch-up for the last couple of weeks.  Had a day in Bury with grandchildren a couple of weeks ago and that put my routine all out.  Just about caught up with everything now thank goodness, just got my bedroom/craft room to tidy now. I've even done the garden....front and back..and a tiny bit of crafting. Ddefinitely got to do some tomorrow. It's my youngest's birthday on Wednesday and I have yet to make his card. I've really struggled to come up with ideas, but I think I've cracked it now. Made a start on some cross stitching for one of my granddaughters, not a big project but I hope she will like it.
Finally got my new oven....yay!  Youngest son is enjoying using it....lol.  And more good news....MY GUTTERING HAS BEEN FIXED!!!...only took 7 months.  It turns out that the contractors who originally did it had told the housing association that it was repaired last month. I had another date for the repairs to be done on August 11th...but the housing association repair team came out last week and fixed it. Think someone from the contractors is going to be in a bit of bother. Would love to be a fly on that wall.
Also made a card for the Crafters Re-united inspirational challenge. The theme was Mono...but we could use skin tones a well if the design called for it. Well I was dying to use a Lilli of the Valley image that I got with a magazine. There are 20 designs and all gorgeous..can feel a crafty spend coming on!  Well I chose the design...coloured it..made the card and was really pleased with myself....until I read the remit again. The mono theme had to include the sentiment as well.....mine didn't....so couldn't enter it. Wouldn't have worked well with the colour I went for so did it in grey.Will read the rules extra carefully next time. Anyway, here's the card.
The backing papers are ..I think from Papermania...could be wrong though, I've had them ages. I ran the top piece through my die cutter using a Sizzix folder....the bottom piece I used a craft tonic border punch. Cut and framed the image with my Go Kreate dies. Added  a few flowers that were first coloured with an ink pad and then added a bit of stickles. Ribbon from my stash with a stamped sentiment..... and the butterfly....well that is a 5 petal flower punch with one of the petals cut out as I don't have a small butterfly punch.


1 comment:

Chronically Creative said...

That card is absolutely adorable!! I've just had a quick look through some posts and will be back to read and leave some comments when I'm not so tired. I am SO excited to have found your blog- loving it! Delighted to follow you! Your cards are amazing. You are very talented. I feature my favourite link of the week on my facebook page every Monday, hope you don't mind if I share a link to your blog? My readers would love it!

Hope you have a happy weekend!

Emily Ruth