Wednesday 2 February 2011

Blimey..

.....it's been so long since my last post. I'm not spending much time on the computer....just too tired at the moment. With spring not in the too distant future my body clock will adjust itself and I can get back to doing the things that I want to. I'm still waiting for the guttering to be repaired. I did phone about it 3 weeks ago and they told me that as I had reported it 1week ago it was not a priority and could be another 3 to 4 weeks before it got repaired. I kept my cool and told them that it was reported well before Christmas, and suggested that as it was only holding on by one bracket  I was not responsible if it fell and injured someone. It suddenly became a priority. . . . . . . . . .Still waiting.  
I had to see the doctors a couplel of weeks ago for a prescription review...all my medication is on repeat...so I thought it was a good chance for me to bring up the matter of another bone scan. Was told by the hospital when I had a scan 2 years ago, that I would need another one in 12 to 18 months. The doctor I saw said that as I was taking medication for the osteoporosis I didn't need another scan....don't think that's right though. Also asked about my fingers. The joints have become swollen and can at times be very painful. The doctor asked for blood tests for rheumatoid arthritis but said that he thought it was carpel tunnel. Duly had blood tests and went back a couple of days ago. This doctor, (very rarely see the same doctor twice in a row)...said the tests were inconclusive for the rheumatoid arthritis but has requested x- rays on my hands. She said I need to see a rheumatologist again and thinks the problem with my fingers could be Reynaud's. Wish they'd make their minds up! Suppose it is difficult making a right diagnosis because of the M.E....have constant joint and muscle pains everywhere. Might get somewhere next week...I've got the x-rays on Friday morning and have to see the doctor again when results are through.
Crafting wise I've not done much..just 3 birthday cards. Will post those when I get them on computer. I haven't even managed any ATCs. I really will have to make a real effort to get back into crafting mode.
The best thing to happen so far this year? A visit to the theatre to see Me and My Girl. It was fantastic!! Had us all singing along and tears of laughter steaming down my face. I went with Anne..who I must say a very big thank you to. When she went to book the tickets the phones and internet were down so she queued for over an hour!!!  THANK YOU ANNE!!!!  


2 comments:

char said...

Susan, have you been tested for Fibromyalgia? I thought I had MS but it turns out that it is Fibro. Just wondering. I will keep you in my prayers for better health.

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, Sue! "Me and My Girl" was brilliant! Just what you need to get you through a cold and dark January! Best of luck with the X-rays next week. Lots of love and big hugs, Anne xxx