Thursday 2 September 2010

I got a brand new...

...lawnmower. It's bigger than I thought it would be but it does collect the grass cuttings so no more raking, and it does have four cutting heights, which can only be good as far as I'm concerned. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Was at the hospital yesterday and shopping today. Hopefully the weather will hold for the next few days. Also got my hearing aids fitted yesterday. Wow..what a difference they make. I'm hearing things that I haven't heard properly for a long time..eg the cats purring. I thought I was hearing the purr but I wasn't...I was only feeling it as I stroked them. I can now hear the phone even when I'm not in the same room, I can now tell which direction traffic is coming from when I'm outside and it has made a considerable difference to the tv and stereo volume. The big difference for me is the fact that I no longer feel so isolated when out in a crowd..I can hear what's going on around me. They are taking a bit of getting used to  and there is one downside for me. When I'm upstairs at my craft space (my bedroom) I can hear the traffic outside with the windows open. I can turn them off though so perhaps it wont be a problem. It was my birthday yesterday so beside the lovely cards, flowers, chocolates, candle set and other gifts, being able to hear as I can now for probably the first time in my life made it extra special.

No comments: