Tuesday 22 May 2007

Time flies so quickly...

Where has the time gone? I can't believe that it's been nearly 2 weeks since I updated. The weather last week was atrocious..and I got soaked coming home from my son and daughter-in-laws. It was good for the garden..but not for me...I felt as though I was coming down with flu. I did rest for a few days...not that I had any choice. Managed to get to town to meet my friend Anne, but I really felt disorientated. She wasn't feeling too hot herself, but we really do need these little trips out...it's the only social life we've got!!! The bus journey home wasn't too bad except for the fact that I fell when I tried to stand to get off. Falling is getting to be a bit of a habit with me. I fell down the stairs a couple of weeks ago.
The last few days have been beautiful weather wise and I have managed to get the garden tidied up. The privet hedges desperately needed cutting. That in itself isn't too hard to do as I borrow my sons hedge-trimmers. It's the clearing up that really gets to me. I'm getting so frustrated that I have to make a choice between housework and gardening. Okay..I hate housework..but it has to be done at sometime. Some things just won't wait!!!
I have managed to get a few cards done as well, despite my inspiration temporarily leaving me. At least I hope it is only temporary!! Between my daughter-in-law and myself we have a regular order of twenty simple cards a month...think we are getting on top of it now. We know what sort of cards are wanted and we have managed to get ahead...taking the pressure off a little. I don't have to worry too much if I don't manage to get as much done on bad days.
The tinnitus has returned with a vengeance. The constant buzzing is getting to me. It's not enough that I can't sleep well because of the pain in my joints, and finding a position which is comfortable is difficult...the noise can seem overwhelming at times. All I want is an undisturbed nights sleep!! This is worse than having young children....at least you expect disturbed nights with them. Oh what a topsy turvy world this is.

No comments: