Thursday 26 May 2011

Halfway...

...but not to paradise. To the other side of the city. It started yesterday on the way home from the city centre after a bit of shopping with my eldest. I have to have someone with me on these trips because I am not reliable and tend to get a bit stressed. Well...I got on my bus to go home and suddenly realised that I hadn't got my handbag...(purse to our USA friends). I couldn't do anything about it so I stayed on the bus home and then had to decide what to do. Tried to remember where I had misplaced it and came to the conclusion that I had left it on the previous bus, or left it at the bus stop when I put my bags down. First thing I did when i got home was ring my mobile. No answer. Then phoned the bus company and was told that if I had left it on the bus and someone handed it to the driver, it wouldn't reach the depot until midnight. Tried my mobile again and got an answer. It was the driver of the bus..thank goodness! Then had to arrange to go today and collect my lost property. Phoned my son and he came with me as I didn't have a clue how to get to Halfway, and had to borrow the bus fare. Was re-united with my bag and it's contents....was so relieved. This little adventure has shook me up a bit.....thinking what problems there would have been if my bag hadn't been handed in. It just makes me feel so much more vunerable. At least, hopefully, I will be able to relax and get some sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing!! That nearly happened to me a couple of months ago. I was in a busy pub with a work colleague, reached into my bag for my purse/wallet and found that not only had that gone missing but so had my mobile phone! I got into a blind panic until the barman said that it was ok as someone had handed them both into him. I realised that my bag wasn't shutting properly and that's why they both fell out. Since then I've bought a new bag and am very careful when I use the other one. Really glad you've been reunited with your belongings!! Anne x.