Wednesday 28 March 2007

Where it started


Well I've managed to get this far.....but let's go back a bit to where it started.

October 2004 was when I first fell ill. Nothing too dramatic..just a chest infection, which led to 3 weeks off work. I went back to work telling myself that everything was OK, even though everyone was telling me that I wasn't well enough....but did I listen?..of course not! I'm an independent person who knows her own mind and is never ill...and anyway it's coming up to Christmas.....a busy time at work. Ha ha...2 weeks on and I collapsed at work and had to be sent home...still had the infection...another couple of weeks off.
I got through Christmas not feeling brilliant...put that down to being rushed off our feet. My last shift of the year....hooray!...new Years Eve. Got home looking forward to to 3 days off.....those 3 days stretched into 6 weeks...then 3 months. My GP said I had a bout of the flu. I wasn't getting any better..in fact I was feeling steadily worse as the time went on. My GP said that I should consider trying to go back to work..I should be getting over it now. I began to think that the way I was feeling was all in my head, and all I needed to do was pull myself together and get back into the swing of things. Well that's what I did.....5 months into the year I convinced myself that I was ready to go back..albeit on reduced hours. I knew it wouldn't be all plain sailing..I expected that. What I didn't expect was to be on the verge of collapse after only 2 days. That was the last time I worked......and it was then that my GP diagnosed PVFS. Since that time I have not been able to work, and last May (2006) my employers terminated my contract.

No comments: