Wednesday 28 May 2008

Wet Wet Wednesday

After a dry but very windy bank holiday weekend the rain has arrived. Yesterday was dull and overcast with a very fine drizzle of rain that lasted most of the day. Today though it has rained...and rained.....and rained with no sign of a let up as yet. Now I don't know if it is the M.E. or the suspected arthritis but my joints are so painful today. The painkillers are not helping much and I'm struggling to find ways to take my mind off the pain. I went to the local shop this morning hoping the walk would help...it sometimes does, especially if I haven't been out of the house for a few days..but it hasn't made any difference. Now I'm facing the prospect of a pain ridden, sleepless night. Tomorrow I have my appointment at the hospital for my mammogram. It isn't until the afternoon so hopefully the pain may have subsided a little. If not I will have to postpone. The prospect of 2 long bus journeys there, and then 2 back is not at all appealing.

No comments: